Donations & Sponsorship
YTM is a not-for-profit society operated by a volunteer board of directors. We are also a registered Charitable Organization and all donations are tax deductible.
All revenues raised through admissions, rentals and museum shop sales go directly in the operational costs of the museum. Your donation will help offset increasing costs.
Make a secure online donation and receive your tax receipt immediately by email.
Donate by Mail
Address a cheque to:
Yukon Transportation Museum Society
30 Electra Crescent
Whitehorse, YT Y1A 0M7
Donate in Person
Our front desk staff can help you make a donation via cash, cheque, debit, or credit.
Become a Member
Becoming a YTM Member is a great way to support the museum. You can even add a tax-deductible donation when you register!
Donate an Artefact
If you have an object (e.g. artefact, photograph, journal, vehicle, etc.) that you feel would be a good fit with the mission and mandate of the Yukon Transportation Museum, we would love to hear from you. Please call Janna Swales, Executive Director to discuss your potential donation at (867) 668-4792.
We operate under Acquisition Terms as set out in our Collections Policy. Following are excerpted key points, if you have additional questions please feel free to ask us to share our full Collections Policy with you.
- No object will be collected without an approved ‘Accepting and Receiving Artefacts’ Procedural Form.
- Staff and volunteers shall follow ethical guidelines as outlined by the Canadian Museum Association Ethical Guidelines (2006).
- The accumulation of collections will be primarily donations from the general public and community.
- YTM will give consideration to the function of each object and YTM’s potential to continue to preserve it.
- YTM reserves the right to not accept an item or to accept only part of an offering.
- Donors will be given a Donation Agreement to sign, this form alone does not signify acceptance by the museum. All forms must be completed by an assigned Museum representative.
- Some potential donations fall under the Historic Resources Act, if your object has unclear title please refer to this pamphlet.
If you would like to discuss potential sponsorship opportunities within the museum, please contact Janna Swales, Executive Director at (867) 668-4792 or email janna@goYTM.ca.
We appreciate your support.