Do you have a project that you’d like to use a YTM image in?
Our collection items are not currently available online, but if you have a research request we can see if we have photos that will fit your needs! To learn more about this process check out the rest of this page, or contact us to get started.
Terms and Conditions of Use of Still Images, Records and Documents
Publishing: A Usage Fee of $10.00 per image is charge for the use of Yukon Transportation Museum in books, magazines, newspapers, films, videos, virtual exhibits, websites, CD ROMs, and all other published works
Commercial: A Usage Fee of $50.00 per image is charged for the use of Dawson City Museum photographs in advertisements, or on items for re-sale, such as calendars, coffee mugs, postcards, t-shirts, etc.
Distribution Rights Granted
- The Yukon Transportation Museum (YTM) grants to the Applicant a non-exclusive license to use the Image(s) in accordance with the terms and conditions set out in this agreement.
- The Applicant is granted a one-time use license, and shall use the Image(s) only in accordance with the terms and conditions set out in this agreement.
- YTM reserves the right to reproduce the Image(s) and allow others to reproduce the Image(s)
Use of the Image(s)
- The Applicant shall use the Image(s) only for the purpose and in the manner described by the Applicant in the application sections of this agreement.
- The Applicant shall not use the Image(s) in any manner which could adversely affect the reputation of the YTM, as determined by the Yukon Transportation Museum Society in its absolute discretion.
- If the Applicant is using any Image(s) for a website, such Image(s) must be scanned at a resolution not higher than 72 dpi.
- All use of images must include Yukon Transportation Museum’s name and the image number in a caption or credit. Credits should appear in close proximity to the Image(s) or in a special section devoted to credits. The payment of a Commercial Use Fee does not exempt the user from the credit line requirement.
- Example of a credit line: Yukon Transportation Museum 2017.1.344
In the below section, you can read the conditions of use of images from the Yukon Transportation Museum Collection. If you are interested in using a photo from our collection, your Conditions of Use Agreement will look very similar.
Conditions of Use
- Permission for publication is subject to the Applicant’s receipt of a copy of this agreement issued by an authorized agent of the Yukon Transportation Museum (YTM).
- Permission for publication is granted for the expressed purpose described in this agreement. This permission is non-exclusive. YTM reserves the right to reproduce the Image(s) and allow others to reproduce the Image(s)
- Permission granted terminates immediately upon publication or production of the Product.
- A Product produced simultaneously in more than one medium, such as a magazine published in both paper and electronic versions, is considered a single use for the purposes of this Agreement.
- Solely in connection with the marketing and distribution of the Product, the applicant may use the image on the packaging of the Product and in any advertisement, product catalogues, publicity, or promotional use.
- Any subsequent use (including subsequent editions and adaptations, related Products, web versios, etc.) constitutes reuse and must be applied for separately from the Museum and will be subject to a Usage Fee.
- YTM reserves the right to require a release from individuals whose privacy may be violated by the production of an image. Use of an image or voice of an identifiable individual in a manner which suggests association with or endorsement of any product, service, cause, or institution is prohibited.
- The applicant agrees to hold YTM and its agents harmless against any and all claims arising or resulting from the use of the material and shall indemnify the repository and its agents for any and all costs and damages arising or resulting from any such unauthorized use.
- The Image(s) supplied by YTM may not be copied, scanned, exhibited, resold, or used for any other purpose than that specified in this agreement. Copies shall not be deposited in another library, archives, or repository.
- Unless approved in advance by YTM, the Image(s) shall be reproduced in their entirety and shall not be retouched or altered in any way which could affect their historic or artistic integrity.
- Permission to reproduce does not include permission to reproduce a portion or detail of the work. If desired, the Applicant may re-apply to reproduce a detail of the work. If permission is granted, the word “detail” will appear in the title caption.
- Prepayment of all fees, including Usage Fees, is required before permission is granted.
- If requested, the applicant agrees to sell the YTM one copy of the Product containing the YTM Image(s). If the Image(s) will be reproduced in a limited print run the YTM will be given a right of first refusal to purchase one copy of the Product containing the YTM Image(s).
- Reproduction is permitted only from digital files supplied by YTM.
- Additional conditions or exceptions to the above requirements may be added here.
- The personal information YTM has collected for this Agreement will not be used for any other purpose.