Discover a Moving Experience
$8 Seniors (55+)
$8 Youth (12-17)
$5 Children (5-11)
$0 Children (0-4)
$20 Family Pass (2 Adults & 2 Children)
Hours of Operation
Summer (mid-May to end of August):
Wednesday thru Sunday, 10 – 6
Winter (September to mid-May):
Saturday, Sunday and Monday, 12 – 5
Generally closed statutory holidays
We are conveniently located off of the historic Alaska Highway, just steps from the Erik Neilsen Whitehorse International Airport.
From downtown Whitehorse
1. Head north on 2nd Avenue. Continue straight onto Two Mile Hill Road.
2. Turn left onto YT-2 S/Yukon 1 E (signs for Alaska Highway S).
3. Turn left onto Hillcrest Drive, then right at the 1st cross street onto Norseman Road. YTM is the orange building with the giant wind vane on the left.
We offer complimentary parking for museum visitors to a maximum of five hours.
The City of Whitehorse offers public transit Monday through Saturday, including some evening service. The airport and YTM are served by the Route 3 Riverdale North – RR – McIntyre – Hillcrest route once an hour.
Feel like a walk? Walking time from downtown Whitehorse is about 50 minutes by paved roads and trails. This walk includes about 200 steps up the Black Street Stairs, a metal grated staircase traversing the clay cliffs. Please be advised that conditions may vary from season to season.
From Main Street:
1. Head west on Main Street toward 2nd Avenue. Turn right onto 4th Avenue, then make a left onto Alexander Street.
2. Make a slight left and take the Black Street Stairs.
3. At the end of the path, turn left onto the Alaska Highway.
4. Turn left onto Burns Road, continuing onto Norseman Road. The museum will be on the left.