$8 Seniors (55+)
$8 Youth (12-17)
$5 Children (5-11)
$0 Children (0-4)
$20 Family Pass (2 Adults & 2 Children)
Hours of Operation
Summer (mid-May to end of August):
Wednesday thru Sunday, 10 – 6
Winter (September to mid-May):
Saturday, Sunday and Monday, 12 – 5
Generally closed statutory holidays
We proudly offers tours by appointment year-round. Tours last approximately 40 minutes and highlight some of the key stories and artefacts in our collection. Meet your interpretive guide at the front entrance five minutes before the tour start time.
From downtown Whitehorse
1. Head north on 2nd Avenue. Continue straight onto Two Mile Hill Road.
2. Turn left onto YT-2 S/Yukon 1 E(signs for Alaska Highway S).
3. Turn left onto Hillcrest Drive, then right at the 1st cross street onto Norseman Road. YTM is the orange building with the giant wind vane on the left.
We offer complimentary parking for museum visitors to a maximum of five hours.
Feel like a walk? Walking time from downtown Whitehorse is about 50 minutes by paved roads and trails. This walk includes about 200 steps up the Black Street Stairs, a metal grated staircase traversing the clay cliffs. Please be advised that conditions may vary from season to season.
From Main Street: 1. Head west on Main Street toward 2nd Avenue. Turn right onto 4th Avenue, then make a left onto Alexander Street.
2. Make a slight left and take the Black Street Stairs.
3. At the end of the path, turn left onto the Alaska Highway.
4. Turn left onto Burns Road, continuing onto Norseman Road. The museum will be on the left.
This is one of the best attractions in Whitehorse.